Currently seeking an ambitious individual who is motivated and eager to learn for a Business Administration position.If you are a creative and confident person who has wants to start their career we would be keen to hear from you.
Leading public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland.Acts as a development agency as well as a national and international advocate across the arts, screen and creative industries. They are responsible for distributing funding from the Scottish Government and the National Lottery. They have a requirement for a full-time Apprentice Administrator to support the team in Edinburgh. This role will require occasional travel to the Glasgow office so candidates must be comfortable using public transport, all transport costs to Glasgow will be covered. This role would suit a recent school /college leaver.
- Arranges travel and accommodation for staff using the centralised system ensuring the organisation' s process has been followed and best value for all bookings.
- Implements and maintains, in conjunction with receptionists, effective meeting room booking system, ensuring set up of rooms including any equipment as necessary.
- Responsibility for ensuring the correct stock levels for stationery and printing materials and placing orders with preferred suppliers.
- Provides administrative support to the organisation' s Managers.
- Provides reception cover including using switchboard and dealing with visitors on arrival in offices.
- Ensures all office paperwork and procedures are adhered too and any reporting requirements are completed and submitted in line with designated timescales.
- Ensures all finance paperwork is completed and procedures followed prior to placing orders for office supplies, goods and services and catering etc.
- Works in conjunction with Office Services Manager to ensure the implementation of office policies.
- Responsible for distributing incoming mail and arranging collation and franking of outgoing mail.
- Arranges catering services for hosted internal and external meetings and assists with staff events.
- Covers for other administrative staff during holiday periods and sickness absence as necessary.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Undertake the required training to carry out the responsibilities of organisation Fire Marshal and First Aid at Work.
- MS Office skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fast, accurate key board skills
- Previous experience of working in an administration role is desirable but not essential
- Ability and confidence to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- 26 Days Holidays
- 11 Bank Holidays
- After 5 years service 31 days
- Flexi Time
- Dress Down Culture
- 9am - 5pm
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.