Apprentice Business Administrator
Employer: Whitley Stimpson Ltd
- In the absence of the Receptionist, cover all Reception duties such as taking incoming calls and transferring them and meeting and greeting visitors to the office; this should be done in a friendly, polite and efficient way.
- On a daily basis, deal with both incoming and outgoing post. Scan and distribute post as necessary and ensure that all outgoing post is franked for collection daily. Maintain the franking machine to ensure credits / ink / reports are maintained as necessary.
- Answer overflow calls if the Receptionist is already occupied.
- Scanning and storing of documents.
- Work with the Receptionist to organize the collection / return of client books / records. Liaise with clients to arrange collections when appropriate and work with managers / staff to chase clients as necessary and ensure signed documents are returned as required.
- Work with the Receptionist to monitor the books in / out folder to ensure that the content of book cupboard is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Track stocks of stationery, drinks, hand sanitiser and other office supplies, and place orders and re-stock when necessary. Arrange shredding and inform staff of details.
- Support the H.R. Team; running reports, sending emails, collating information.
- Support admin staff with typing, bills and marketing work as required.
- Prepare desks for Banbury new starters, making up welcome packs for all new staff.
- Keep meeting rooms tidy and stocked.
- Undertake and complete any other ad hoc office administration tasks as necessary to ensure the continued efficient running of the Banbury office.
Annual wage: £10,000.00 - £12,000.00
Working week: Monday to Friday: 08:00am to 17:00pm with 1 hour lunch.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Expected duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 07 September 2020
- A strong team player, who respects confidentiality, has a flexible approach and the ability to adapt to changing business priorities. Able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit enthusiasm to learn and an interest in the business and role.
- Able to deliver high quality administrative outputs with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to own mini projects from start to end.
- Able to answer customer queries / questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in the written format.
- Good organisational and time management skills whilst being able to take instruction from others in the office.
- Proactive in approach with a can-do attitude.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent qualifications at grade 9-4 (A*-C) with at least a 5 (C/B) in English and maths.