Apprentice Cable Jointer 2018 - Dartford and Middlesbrough
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Dartford or Middlesbrough.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Cable Jointer. This role with give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship. To work with experienced craftsperson’s and gain experience of maintaining power transmission lines. Ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality and productivity are achieved at all times.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass (level 3) Apprenticeship Power Network Craftsperson within 3yrs.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Linesman include:
- Actively seek to learn and develop new skills to support career development to qualified craftsperson.
- To take responsibility for health and safety and promoting health & safety across the business.
- To carry out all work in accordance with work instructions, method statements and policies and procedures.
- To manage own learning and collation of evidence from the workplace
- To ensure attendance at all apprenticeship learning and training opportunities
- Participate in Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status.
Who we’re looking for:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 3 GCSEs including Maths, English (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
- Scotland 3 National 5
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment
- Willing to travel and work all across the UK
- Strong communications skills
- Full clean, UK driving license
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Application closed