The role as an Apprentice
Our Apprentices have the opportunity to start their career by gaining first-hand experience as well as the high quality training and development.
Apprentices will work as part of a team responsible for undertaking a range of specialist tiling activities including small and large scale projects in client sites across a range of industries, including retail, airport, hotel, residence, leisure and more.
The job may be performed indoors on various construction sites varying from residential builds to leisure centres or airports. Exposure to common dust and dirt on a construction site is expected. Protective safety clothing/gear (including appropriate clothing, shoes, gloves, hardhat, and goggles) are occasionally required. Activities include extended periods of standing or kneeling and extensive work carrying materials, and/or loading and unloading goods from delivery vehicles.
Over four years of apprenticeship you will be expected to develop the following skills:
- Laying out of rooms
- Calculate quantities of tiles required
- Help Set up on site
- Off load materials from deliveries
- Distribution of materials to work face
- Knocking up adhesive
- Cutting tiles accurately, minimising waste
- Tiling walls and floors in accordance with specification
- Grouting to specification
- Clearing away waste
- Tidying up work space
- Assisting with general additional duties eg. Soft flooring, general building etc.
- General labouring duties
- Signing in and out daily on site
- Supply weekly invoice by the due date with all relevant details included
- Ensuring personal compliance with Health & Safety requirements on all sites worked
Skills and Knowledge Required to Undertake this Role
- Qualifications to GCSE standard
- Good communication skills
- Must be a hands on and hardworking individual
The starting wage for this apprenticeship is £250 per week plus travel expenses.