Apprentice Chef - Stonehouse - The Crown Point - The Crown Point - Sevenoaks - Seal Chart
Not taking applications
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Hospitality and Catering
With pubs, bars and restaurants across the UK, Mitchells & Butlers has apprenticeships as tasty as the food we serve. Every moment is a chance to prove yourself with plenty of room for progression. So, whether it’s the ‘perfect carve’ moment in Toby Carvery, ‘made a family smile’ moment in Harvester or a team moment, join us and love every moment.
30 Hrs + p/w Incl. Evenings, Weekends & Bank Holidays
Detailed Job Description:
If you have no previous experience but bags of passion for cooking, our chef apprenticeship will give you your moment to shine!
You don’t need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You’ll join a close-knit team, so you’ll get the family feel from day one. You’ll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Working as a team to serve up great food in a fun, friendly atmosphere will help you develop the skills necessary to prepare and cook food quickly and efficiently. Not only do you gain a Level 2 Hospitality Food Production and Cooking Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
• Learn how to create dishes using the correct methods, getting every dish right
• Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
• Ensure food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
• Bring a huge appetite for learning
• Bring energy and enjoyment
• Be part of great team moments
• Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
• A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks,
• 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
• A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
• Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
• Feedback sessions to discuss progress
• Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
• 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
16-17 years old - £4.05 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.60 an hour
21+ years old - £7.05 an hour
None! We’re just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
o Passion –An interest in food certainly helps
o Positive outlook – We want you to love every moment!
o Communication – Ability to work as part of a close team
o Motivated – We see our apprentices as our future!
• Tailored industry training
• 28 days paid holiday each year
• Wages paid at National Minimum Wage rather than National Apprenticeship Wage
• A mouth-watering 33% off across ALL of our business for you and up to 5 friends
• Discounts off High St retailers
• Option to opt into some of our share schemes (e.g. Free Share Plan)
• Pension scheme
• A cycle to work scheme
• Flexible shifts
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Sign-up or log in to apply