Apprentice chef, The Old Reindeer - Edingley
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Hospitality and Catering
- Newark remove
About the employer
The Old Reindeer is a 17th-century inn with a restaurant for classic pub dishes alongside a never changing and seasonal specials board, very popular restaurant with locals and clients from around the Nottingham region. Great food, lovely staff and a warm welcome to be expected.
About the role
My Client is looking for a passionate and outgoing individual to join their fantastic team at Santini. You will be rewarded for your efforts with a good starting wage and opportunity to increase this through pay reviews. You will also get meals and drinks whilst on shift.
Your duties will include.
• Meeting and Greeting customers.
• Showing clients to their table and going over the menu including the day’s specials.
• Taking orders from customers and taking the orders to the kitchen team.
• Waiting on tables
• Taking table bookings over the phone
• Helping out with food preparation in the kitchen when needed and also bar work
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The Person Specification -
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities
- Genuine interest in the sector and hospitality
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 4
Employer: The Old Reindeer
Location: Main St, Edingley, Newark NG22 8BE
Framework/Standard: Commis Chef Level 2 Standard
Duration: 15 months + job offer
Weekly wage: £165 - £220
Hours per week: 30 - 40
Working pattern: Rota basis working a mix of days and evenings and weekends with two days of.
Pay frequency: TBC
Assisted travel: NoSign-up or log in to apply