Apprentice Childcare Assistant - Hawksworth Wood Childrens Centre
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
Leeds City Council Children’s Services directorate has 30 children’s centres across Leeds with full day care and term time only settings employing more than 600 staff and is the largest childcare employer in Leeds. The Local Authority has been operating childcare for more than 20 years but is going through an unprecedented reorganisation and expansion in places.
Hawksworth Wood Childrens Centre - An exciting opportunity to support the provision of a stimulating and effective Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, which will enhance children’s emotional, social, physical and intellectual development. To support the provision of high quality child care that meets the professional inspection standards.
- To support the team to provide high quality care and education for all children and support for families
- To support the team to provide a broad and balanced Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum that will meet the requirements of relevant national and local standards
- To learn how to follow Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and the Early Support Programme for children with Special Educational needs (SEN) and implement that learning in the workplace
- To learn to observe and monitor children’s development and contribute to written reports of their progress and to implement that learning in the workplace
- To maintain client confidentiality
- To report any injury or accident ensuring that health and safety of the individual is maintained
- To follow the process for reporting any suspicious or suspected non-accidental injury complying with Departmental Child Protection Procedures in line with Local Safeguarding Children Board Procedures (West Yorkshire Consortium Procedure Manual)
- To refer parents and families for support where necessary
- If necessary, to take responsibility for a group of children during any building evacuation
- To support the team to provide educational visits for children and families, observing Health and Safety policies
- To understand and support Leeds City Council and Departmental Policies including these on Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- To undertake other duties commensurate to the post or grade as required by the Department
- To undertake the accountabilities of the post in accordance with Council policies including the Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies
Monday to Friday. These posts are term time only. Shifts TCB. Total hours per week: 37.00
Children and Young People's Workforce
Mode of delivery: Once a month day release in college.
Course content: A Level 2 Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with the workplace you will be expected to attend college 1 day a month, where you will gain knowledge and understanding of the Children and Young People’s Workforce. You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor. An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey.