About the role
Apprentice Civil Engineer Degree Level South West
Qualifications needed: 3 A levels/5 Highers/112 UCAS points or equivalent in STEM subject or Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
Closing Date applications are open until 26th June 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the role:
We designed our five-year Technical Apprenticeship Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
You will follow a five year training programme as part of our ICE-accredited programme, geared towards you achieving Incorporated Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you will be site or office based.
Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a Site, Construction or Project Management career.
The following qualifications will be gained:
* BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
* Engineering Technician status and Technician Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
* Incorporated Engineer status and Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.
Your responsibilities as an Apprentice Civil Engineer include:
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on site and that all staff adhere to them
- To translate design information to construction teams so they can construct the project effectively and efficiently
- To manage the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community
- To manage interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project
Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
Who were looking for:
- Minimum 3 A-levels, HNC or 112 UCAS points or equivalent in Maths, Science or Engineering
- Minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A*- C including Maths, English and Science with a B in Maths
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.