Qualifications needed 5 GCSE inc. Maths, English and a Science (at grade A-C or equivalent) or Intermediate Apprenticeship
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as a Civil Engineering Apprentice. This role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
You will be expected to assist site engineers in supporting the construction process and follow the requirements of the development framework.
You will be involved with different construction process dependent on the site team for which they are engaged. The tasks will vary but will include engineering control, providing the site team with construction information, assist in Quality control and supporting Health & Safety and sustainability initiatives.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment Civil Engineering within 3 years.
What you'll be doing
- This role will be part of the Rail function
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on site and that all staff adhere to them
- To translate design information to construction teams so they can construct the project effectively and efficiently
- To manage the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community
- To manage interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project
Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
Who we're looking for
- The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
- Work experience or Part time employment is desirable
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.