Qualifications needed 5 GCSE inc. Maths, English and a Science at grade A-C or equivalent
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You'll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you'll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
Our aim is to develop your skills and to help you reach your full potential. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility in the dimensional control of projects, supervision of specialist contractors and the construction workforce and will take the lead for solving technical problems.
Throughout you will ensure compliance with our Health and Safety and Sustainability agenda and aspire to a Site, Construction or Project Management career.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment Civil Engineering within 3 years.
The office location is in PONTYPRIDD but you will need to be flexible with travel.
What you'll be doing
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on site and that all staff adhere to them
- To translate design information to construction teams so they can construct the project effectively and efficiently
- To manage the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community
- To manage interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project
Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
- Involves the use of lasers
Who we're looking for
- The following qualities/experience are essential:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths, English and Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above).
- You will have a have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test
Why work for us
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.