Apprentice Civil Engineering - Buckinghamshire
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Employment & Training
- Level 3
- Professional Qualifications
- Buckinghamshire remove
Do you want to get paid for gaining qualifications and learning on the job? And would you enjoy solving problems and working with experienced engineers on exciting and innovative critical engineering challenges? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Ringway Jacobs as a Civil Engineer apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
Skills you will need:
Talented, ambitious and enthusiastic with a curiosity about the world around you and what makes things work; the imagination to consider how to make things better; the ability to plan how to achieve what you are aiming for and with a desire to succeed! You will also need to meet the following criteria:
5 GCSEs at Grades A*-C including Maths (Grade B) and science or their equivalent. Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to have achieved this prior to taking the end assessment.
As an apprentice civil engineer you will have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable talking to people from all walks of life. You will work in a team that focuses on highways construction and assist in areas such as:
- Learning about and understanding national and local standards and preparation and review designs in accordance with those standards
- Learning how to project manage a scheme from start to finish
- Getting involved in how to budget and manage time and money to get the job done
- Actively support talking to local interested parties to inform them of works to ensure successful delivery of schemes/projects
- Writing of technical reports as required
- Managing work to the agreed programme and take a responsibility for delivery of a design in line with cost estimates
- Understand and follow the company’s health and safety procedures.
- Learn about the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and other construction/H&S related law to make sure all the work you do meets the requirements of that standard
- Providing timely and accurate response to proposals, queries and complaints from local Planning Authorities, Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the public on all highway-related matters as required.
- Assisting the team in relation to all aspects covered within the function of the group
- Supporting in the negotiation with developers and liaise with local planning authorities, consultants, solicitors, the Department for Transport and other statutory and non-statutory bodies on the implementation of highway development works where appropriate.
During your apprenticeship 20% of your time will be off the job training, working towards your diploma in civil engineering. You will be guided and supported by your manager and your apprenticeship advisor and tutor throughout, which will enable you to gain the essential skills and job knowledge required to achieve your apprenticeship programme. At work you will demonstrate this knowledge and apply these skills to your role.
Typically 36 months
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive starting salary from £12,000 and rewards scheme.
All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Apprentice Recruitment team.Sign-up or log in to apply