Apprentice Commis Chef - Backwell House
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, Apprentice Commis Chef to learn both classic and modern cooking techniques, In Backwell House's 2 Rosette restaurant by their head chef Ross Hunter.
40 - various hours and shifts
Detailed Job Description:
As an apprentice commis chef you will be learning a range of tasks In our 2 Rosetted restaurant under the direction of our head chef Ross Hunter.
You will learn the basic tasks of a Commis Chef including:
• Basic Veg Prep
• Preparation of Meat, poultry, fish
• To prepare, cook and present food from our A La Carte & Tasting menu, to the standards required by the company.
• Foraging from the estate grounds
• Kitchen Porter Duties
You will need to:
• Comply with all health and food safety procedures
• Be responsible for any given section communicating any food requirements to the Head Chef
• Work in any area of the kitchen as required by the senior chef on duty
• Work in a clean and safe manner.
• Ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with customers.
• Ensure Food Policy documentation is completed on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with company policy as requested
Basic understanding of a catering environment
• Good communication Skills
• Eager to learn
We are in a remote location however, we can provide transport to and from the site.
Due to the restaurant opening hours, you will be required to work evenings and weekendsApplication closed