Apprentice Commis Chef - Broken Dock
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity for a chef apprentice to join the vibrant team at Broken Dock on Bristol’s buzzing harbour side.
30 Hours per week. Earliest possible start 8am, latest possible finish 11pm.
Detailed Job Description:
You will support the Chef with food preparation and general kitchen due diligence tasks.
As part of this role, you will learn the skills you will need to become a trained commis chef. We prepare and cook all of our food from fresh produce.
As an Apprentice Trainee Chef your role will include:
• Basic Food Preparation
• To prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company.
• To be responsible for any given section communicating any food requirements to the Head Chef
• To work in any area of the kitchen as required by the senior chef on duty
• To work in a clean and safe manner.
• To carry out any cleaning duties as required
• To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to take instruction
• Ability to communicate effectively
An employer will determine their own entry requirements for an employee to commence this apprenticeship, but these general entry requirements apply; you have to be aged 16 years or over and must be working in the hospitality and catering sector for at least 30 hours a week. You also need to be a resident in England and not taking part in full-time education.
Working at the Broken Dock can get very busy within the peak of Summer.Application closed