Apprentice Commis Chef - Clevedon Hall
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Hospitality and Catering
A unique opportunity has arisn to join the team at Clevedon Hall. A luxurious, picturesque private estate where you will train to be a Commis Chef.
35+ hours per week, various shifts
Detailed Job Description:
As an Apprentice Commis Chef your role will include:
• Ensures all products are fresh, appealing and within sell by dates.
• Inspects dishes for quality, temperature and attractiveness before serving, garnishing.
• To ensure that all the company's brand / standards are adhered to at all times and effectively communicate to your team.
• Maintain a professional image with customers.
• Be a valued team member, create and maintain a good team spirit.
• Ensure that we meet and exceed our customer's expectations.
• Ensures that stock is stored securely and accounted for. Carry out regular stocktake with Head Chef and follows stock rotation.
• Manage garnish of foods.
• Provide back up during service.
• Assists / deputises for Catering Manager.
• Manage kitchen Hygiene, H&S
• Ensures all cleaning is carried out in accordance with the cleaning schedule signed and dated
• Operates to Company standards and procedures, in accordance with the Client's specific requirements.
• Prepares, cooks and presents food, to Company standards, under the direction of the Catering Manager.
In return you will receive excellent training from a highly experienced head chef as well as completing your Commis Chef qualification through HIT Training, for your training you will attend the Chef Academy to develop and refine the skills you have learnt.
Professional demeanour with colleagues and guests
Punctual with good time keeping
A good general level of learning
Respectful to others, systems and food safe practices
understanding right from wrong
The will to learn
An interest in food and food industry
Good personal hygiene
Clevedon hall is a great place to work and learn, we have big interest in the success of our apprentice and have the time and effort to put into training and support. we deal in events so no overpowering pressure of 24/7 service like restaurants and hotel's but much more organisation and attention to detail. the hours at Clevedon hall will be on average 35-45 hours per week spread over 5 days, mainly day shifts Monday - Friday, Saturday evenings and Sunday morning shifts.Application closed