Apprentice Commis Chef - The Crown
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Bury St. Edmunds remove
A fantastic opportunity for any budding chef - The Crown are looking to recruit and train an Apprentice Chef.
40 hours over 5 days including evenings and weekends
Detailed Job Description:
This is a great opportunity to train in a professional kitchen that cooks all food from scratch. The suitable applicant needs to be passionate about wanting to start a career in the industry and not afraid of hard work.
Duties to include:
• Organise and prepare food
• Basic cooking of dishes
• Receive and store kitchen supplies
• Support with the updating and maintaining kitchen documentation
• Implement food safety procedures following health and safety guidelines
• Clean and maintain kitchen premises and equipment and washing up if required
You will be required to work 40hrs per week in this role and your shifts will include evenings and weekends and split shifts. Please consider this commitment before applying.
• Good communication skills - Both written and verbal
• Good team player
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Smart and presentable
• Friendly and reliable
IMPT - Please be aware that this site is in a rural location and commuting by public transport will be tricky. Ideally, you need to live locally or have your own transport. Please check the commute before applying - See link:
Earliest possible start 9am and latest possible finish 11pm
The hospitality industry is a fun industry to be part of, however it can be hard and demanding work. You will be on your feet most of the time and will be expected to work evenings and some weekends. You should think about your location and whether you can get to and from your place of work, particularly if working shifts.Sign-up or log in to apply