Apprentice Commis Chef - The Ox - Cheltenham
We have an exciting opportunity on offer to work In the award winning “The Ox restaurant” as a Commis Chef.
35 Hours, various shifts.
Detailed Job Description:
All our food is made in house so this is a perfect opportunity for the right candidate to grow and learn in a progressive exciting kitchen using fresh local ingredients. The candidate would start on the garnish section helping the sous chef and move about the other sections of the kitchen after being assessed and as their confidence grows.
You will learn the required skills to become a qualified ‘Apprentice Commis Chef’ such as
• Learning to prepare and cook a range of dishes
• Developing on all of the culinary elements you will use within a Classic catering environment.
• Considering seasonality, Nose to tail cooking and provenance.
• Waste reduction
• Working in a clean and safe manner
• Prepping, cooking and serving all dishes on offer.
Basic kitchen skills would be a plus. You must be able to work alongside the kitchen team as well as take instruction for your senior/head chefs.
You will need to be a keen individual, with a passion for cooking who can keep up in a fast paced working environment
This role is demanding yet rewarding. It takes a strong team to be in the Top 50 restaurants.
As this is a restaurant you will need to work evenings and weekends