This role involves working in a small team and assisting the compliance team, fee earners, and support staff at all levels of the business on opening matter files and ensuring that the necessary compliance checks are completed. This will involve collating and chasing documentation and liaising with lawyers and staff worldwide.
The role of Apprentice Compliance Administrator will be to support the team with administrative tasks and to help improve and build upon the current systems. The role involves working closely with the teams responsible for credit control, billing, and cashiering, and will have the opportunity over time to become familiar with these processes.
The day to day activities of the role include:
- Chasing countersigned letters of engagement
- Updating information in the finance system (CMS)
- Liaising with fee earners to ensure that outstanding information is requested from clients and/or third parties
- Assisting the team with projects
- Maintaining registers including process agency matters, gifts and hospitality, data protection, PEPs and enhanced risk matters
- Dealing with ad hoc queries, including requests for reopening files and background/company checks
- Administrative tasks involved with office opening/closing
- Ad hoc research tasks
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
- 3 A-levels at grade C or above or equivalent qualifications