Apprentice Concrete Laboratory Technician - Manchester
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
Annual wage - £10,000.00
Working week - Monday – Friday Minimum 36.25 hours/week.
Total hours per week: 36.25
Apprenticeship duration - 2 years
DESCRIPTION OF POST / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Typical work activities:
Responsible to the Development Chemist/Lab Supervisor
Liaison with staff in the following departments: QC, Development, Admixture Systems, Manufacturing/Production and Sales.
Main Tasks of Job:
To be aware of all aspects of personal safety and the use of safety equipment.
- Laboratory Technician will be responsible for conducting daily laboratory tests to qualify materials for dispatch.
- Test materials used as raw materials for qualities such as purity, particle size distribution, placement, strength, and density.
- Understand all internationally recognised and customer specific testing standards and frequencies.
- Provide technical support and assistance to Production/Sales.
- Complete technical requests and compile reports based on the interpretation of the findings.
- Understand how to operate lab testing equipment such as sieve shakers, ovens, compression and flexural testing machines, mixers, and vibrating tables.
- Record all test data in the required format.
- Orders and inventories of lab materials
- Assist with Lab trials to match the customers’ specifications and performance requirements with help of the Lab Supervisor/ Concrete Technicians.
- Good Oral and written communcation skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Excellent team player - ability to get along with colleagues and work as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to work - ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements
- Demonstrate a progressive attitude towards developing knowledge and skills
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Demonstrate that you are logical & analytical with a strong interest in Science
- Ability to use your own initiative and work independently when required
- Work to tight deadlines & ability to change priorities at short notice
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science.