Apprentice Concrete Laboratory Technician - Rochester
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
Annual wage - £10,000.00
Working week - Monday – Friday Minimum 36.25 hours/week.
Total hours per week: 36.25
Apprenticeship duration- 2 years
DESCRIPTION OF POST / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Typical work activities:
Responsible to the Development Chemist/Lab Supervisor
Liaison with staff in the following departments: QC, Development, Admixture Systems, Manufacturing/Production and Sales.
Main Tasks of Job:
To be aware of all aspects of personal safety and the use of safety equipment.
- Laboratory Technician will be responsible for conducting daily laboratory tests to qualify materials for dispatch.
- Test materials used as raw materials for qualities such as purity, particle size distribution, placement, strength, and density.
- Understand all internationally recognised and customer specific testing standards and frequencies.
- Provide technical support and assistance to Production/Sales.
- Complete technical requests and compile reports based on the interpretation of the findings.
- Understand how to operate lab testing equipment such as sieve shakers, ovens, compression and flexural testing machines, mixers, and vibrating tables.
- Record all test data in the required format.
- Orders and inventories of lab materials
- Assist with Lab trials to match the customers’ specifications and performance requirements with help of the Lab Supervisor/ Concrete Technicians.
The BASF Plc site at Rochester is the Research & Development laboratory for construction chemicals used in the production of readymix, pre-cast and manufactured concrete products.
We supply high value added chemicals to the civil engineering and concrete manufacturing industries in the UK and Ireland.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good numerical & IT skills.
- Excellent Team Player - ability to get along with colleagues and work as part of a team.
- Flexible attitude to work – ability to adapt to changing demands and requirements.
- Demonstrate a progressive attitude towards developing knowledge & skills.
- Ability to multitask & problem solve.
- Demonstrate that you are logical & analytical with a strong interest in Science.
- Able to use your own initiative and work independently when required.
- Work to tight deadlines & ability to change priorities at short notice.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science.