Apprentice (Data Analyst), United Utilities - Warrington
Not taking applications
- Accounting & Tax
- Business & Admin
- Customer Service
- Banking and Finance
- Employability Skills
- Project Management
- Buying and Merchandising
- Contact Centre Operations
- Public Relations
- Facility Services
- Information Management Apprenticeships
Apprentice (Data Analyst)
Job ID: 12651
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
If you join us on our apprenticeship scheme you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*;
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career; and
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region, engaging with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life.
A bit more about the role
As a data analyst, you'll learn how collect, organise, analyse and improve United Utilities data. You will provide business insight so we can deliver our essential services.
During the three year programme, you'll work in our busy Data & Knowledge Management department. You'll work on lots of different projects, providing technical data solutions to a range of issues by making recommendations. You'll be dealing with many internal stakeholders so you'll need to have some good personal skills too.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Data Analyst Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focussed on data analysis;
- How to manage data from a range of internal and external systems; and
- How to interpret and apply data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in the role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4 which must include Maths, English Language and a science or technology subject
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance;
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices;
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our talented young people in state of the art facilities; and
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
*As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/19Sign-up or log in to apply