Through a period of apprenticeship and training, learn & develop the necessary skills, expertise and experience to provide assistance to the members of the Network Infrastructure team and ultimately be able to fully perform the role of Data Network Technician.
Under the supervision and direction of the Senior Network Engineer and other members of the Infrastructure team, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of a Data Network Technician by:
• Working with others to develop an understanding and subsequently make significant contributions to the planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance, support, promotion, operation, review and evaluation of network and telephony solutions to meet University business requirements and management information reporting initiatives.
• Assisting others to investigate, gather, analyse and define business and users’ requirements for enhancements to the network. Learn how to install, manage, upgrade, patch, troubleshoot and support network infrastructure and supporting applications.
• Assisting others to carry out complex, high-level development work, provide expert advice and guidance to colleagues and the wider University community and assist in the realisation of additional value-added benefits from the network, as well as delivering time specific initiatives.
• Liaising and working with appropriate staff to ensure the development and maintenance of the University’s network infrastructure, telephony, unified communications and other supporting applications are in accordance with University quality standards, requirements and priorities.
• Developing an understanding of how to carry out all appropriate duties required for the successful delivery and development of the services provided by IT Services.
• Ensuring that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times.
• Ensuring that appropriate legislation is complied with at all times.
• Ensuring that the necessary security of all data, software and equipment is maintained.
• Appreciating the need to foster and maintain relationships with staff, suppliers and other relevant groups including contacts outside the University to promote the service as a whole and to ensure that services are responsive to needs.
• Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
• Good communication skills
• Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
• An interest and passion for IT
• £9,460 per annum.
• The Chance to be part of an Award winning IT Apprenticeship scheme that has 100% achievement record
• In addition the chance to work in one of the most recognisable Universities in the world
Future Career Progression:
In the 2nd year there will be an increase in the wage to £13,520.
• 9am – 5:30pm
• Monday to Friday
• 37.5 hours per week
“QA’s apprenticeship programs may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.