Apprentice Design Engineer (Salford & Stockport) - Electricity North West
Not taking applications
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Plastering and Decorating
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- Interior Design
- Creative Industry
- Ref no.: 2419-099
- Region: Salford and Stockport
- Salary: 18,500.00 - GBP
Electricity North West needs ambitious people like you to deliver an exceptional service across our network and help us create a brighter, more sustainable future.
You’ll earn as you learn on our Higher Level Power Engineering Apprenticeship, which is aimed at developing our engineers of the future.
As a Higher Level Apprentice your role will involve you dedicating three years to developing and learning skills across our network with the aim of being business ready to become a Design Engineer.
We’ll give you a real insight of what’s it’s like to be an engineer and a thorough insight into electricity distribution, we’ll provide you with the technical skills training, hands-on experience so you can operate safely and effectively on our network. You will learn skills from numerous professional experts from across our business.
A Design Engineer is responsible for all aspects of electrical network design, ensuring all proposed designs meet commercial and investment requirements and take into account innovation developments.
If you want to steer your future in the right direction and make a positive impact on the communities around you, apply for our Higher Level Apprenticeship today.
What’s in it for you?
- A starting salary of £18,500 per annum;
- Fully funded sponsorship to study for a Electrical Power Network Engineer Apprenticeship;
- Fully funded HNC In Electrical and Electronic Engineering;
- Annual leave starting at 23 days per year;
- Membership of a defined contribution pension scheme offering an employer contribution of up to 14%;
- Occupational health benefits including an Employee Assistance Programme;
- A range of optional flexible benefits;
- A professional mentor to support your development;
Working within electricity distribution has never been so exciting. Electricity North West is going through significant periods of change with new technologies emerging and being developed. Our Power Engineering Apprenticeship will provide you with a spring board to an exciting career within the power sector; in particular electricity distribution which is at the heart of change.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of two A Levels at grades A* - C (one must be in Maths or Physics), or a BTEC National Certificate Level 3 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (merit or distinction - maths modules must be merit or distinction), or an ONC in Electrical Engineering (merit or distinction -maths modules must be merit or distinction);
- Self-motivated team players with excellent attention to detail;
- An interest in driving forward your own career development;
- Strong analytical, IT and communication skills, with a strong customer focus;
- Hold a full UK driving licence (must be held before starting your apprentice with us).
You will demonstrate the following behavioural competencies:
- Interpersonal awareness;
- Concern for excellence;
We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Appointments to our Higher Level Apprentice programme will be under a 3 year training contract.
The closing date for the submission of an application is Sunday 17 February 2019. We would encourage you to make an early application as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Assessment Centres will be held week commencing 4 March 2019 and week commencing 11 March 2019.
As part of the Recruitment & Selection process Electricity North West carries out pre-employment screening to aid in the assessment and overall suitability of an individual to perform a role. If offered a conditional offer of employment you will be required to provide us with additional information to allow us to perform checks in line with our policy.Sign-up or log in to apply