St Bede's and St Joseph's Catholic College is a coeducational Roman Catholic secondary school and sixth form. It is located over two sites in the City of Bradford in the English county of West Yorkshire. The school was formed in September 2014 as a result of a merger between St Bede's Grammar School and St Joseph's Catholic College. It is currently the largest catholic school in the UK.
Vacancy overview / Short description:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and careen driven individual to join a growing IT department within a busy Bradford school.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate IT individual to kick start their IT career at St Bede's Catholic College whilst undertaking an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship through QA.
The employer are highly motivated and committed to progressing the talent of apprentices in the Yorkshire region. They have demonstrable experience attracting and progressing apprentices from entry level apprenticeships through to full time permanent position holders.
- The installation and maintenance of software on the systems.
- Part of the duties of the Technician will be to oversee computer usage at lunchtimes and other sessions out of normal class teaching periods, the person appointed would be expected to have a working knowledge of the main MS Office programs and have an understanding of Windows networking environments.
- The Technician will help administrative staff in their use of SIMS software and MS Office applications and the Technician will be help and support other users of the network including Macintosh computers and other ICT related facilities.
- The Technician will provide support for teaching staff where required including support of use with classroom computers and ICT devices and be able to follow orders from the senior technician and network manager.
- The Technician post will involve the cleaning upkeep and maintenance of machines throughout the school on a regular basis, including the excavation of old equipment.
- The Technician will also be responsible for supporting and maintaining the printer facilities around the school and ordering consumables as required.
- The Technician will be expected to help and assist staff and pupils with ICT problems as and when they occur.
- The Technician will administer the needs of IT provision in the /Learning Resources Centre and other departmental locations around the school.
- The Technician will be responsible for the installation and removal of projectors, laptops and AV equipment when required in departmental locations.
- The Technician will assist in the development of the schools inter and intranet sites.
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for IT and a desire to build a career within the IT sector
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions but also work off own initiative
In order to be eligible for this position, the chosen candidate must possess a passion for IT, a willingness to learn and have the drive to become a successful part of a busy IT team.
- Theoretical experience of IT at GCSE/A level
- The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths and English
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.