An exciting opportunity is available to join an established HR team as HR Administration Apprentice. For those interested in a career in Human Resources, this opportunity provides the successful applicant with a thorough understanding of the HR industry. A fantastic start to a career where you will gain highly valued skills and grow in a highly successful and dynamic company!
Essential to this role is an understanding of Human Resources and the work HR do within a business. Ideally, you will have worked in an office environment (even better if within HR) and have a strong desire to develop a career in this industry. The business provides an outsourced solution to the HR and H&S needs of businesses across the Edinburgh and Lothian’s. Your role will involve client meetings, attending events, supporting marketing and social media campaigns and administration. We are looking for a enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our striving team. The HR Dept Ltd provides the complete range of outsourced Human Resources and Health & Safety Services to small and medium sized enterprises over Edinburgh and The Lothians. We work with a varied client base which makes each day exciting, varied and challenging. As our Apprentice you will be will be gaining work experience whilst gaining a recognisable qualification SQCF 6 (level 3). You will get involved in a number of projects and complete any administration tasks that are needed to support other team members. This is an exceptional opportunity for anyone starting their career and looking to get work experience before committing to a specialist area.
- Assisting HR Advisors. H&S Advisors and Directors. Ensuring GDPR compliance on internal documentation.
- Managing case work notes, client files, client renewal information through digital internal systems & databases, with direction from Advisors.
- Responsible for internal communications through Outlook and online communication methods - providing support and logging these queries onto an internal client database.
- Using internal systems to create, update & review client documentation.
- Producing contracts, handbooks and policies and having these correctly logged and labeled on internal policy management systems.
- Meeting clients and attending HR visits, as minute taker and/or in a shadowing capacity.
- Driving social media campaigns to interact with clients.
- Providing marketing activities, including using databases to produce mailshots and organise specific HR events. Finance support (holiday cover)- using financial software for Invoicing, Invoice Chasing & Responding to emails. Meeting clients and attending HR visits, as minute taker and/or in a shadowing capacity.
- Providing any required support at organising Business Shows/Fairs/Events.
- Liaising with third party providers e.g. occupational health, payroll, recruitment agencies etc.
- Work collaboratively with other team members on all aspects of the business, including business development.
- Office Management-Ensuring the team have everything they require on time.
Embodies and lives the HR Dept Values
Good interpersonal skills
Flexibility and adaptability Team player, willing to “muck in”
Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
37 hours per week
£10,000 per annum
- We are a winning team
- We are customer focused
- We are honest and open with each other, our customers and our business partners
- We embrace change and continuous improvement
- We continuously update our skills and knowledge
- We are professionals
- We work with a sense of urgency
- We have fun!
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.