Apprentice Electrical Field Service Engineer - Wastewaster - United Utilities - Liverpool, Cumbria, Bolton, Lancaster
- Customer Service
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Land Based
- Plastering and Decorating
- Countryside Management
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- Cumbria remove
- Bolton remove
- Lancaster remove
- Barrow-in-furness remove
- Liverpool remove
Apprentice Electrical Field Service Engineer – Wastewater
- Barrow, Cumbria Ref no 12652
- Liverpool ref no 12648
- Lancaster ref no 12650
- Bolton ref no 12649
- Salary: £12,500.00
- Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Be part of the flow of life
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
If you join us on our apprenticeship scheme you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme*;
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career; and
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region, engaging with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life.
A bit more about the role
You'll learn how to solve problems with our electrical equipment, as well discover what goes into refurbishing and replacing our assets. Therefore, ensuring our wastewater assets are available and are working correctly, helping to keep services running smoothly for customers.
You'll live and breathe the water industry so it's important you're willing to learn and gain an understanding of how we provide clean water and take away wastewater for customers. This can be a bit of a messy job dealing with the things customers flush down the loo so you'll need to be prepared to get your hands dirty.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Utilities Engineering Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- How to follow the company's rigorous health and safety standards, keeping yourself and others safe;
- How to work as part of a dedicated team focussed on ensuring our plants continue to operate at maximum efficiency;
- How to work with a wide range of equipment; Identifying faults and carrying out routine maintenance,and
- About scheduled maintenance activity and how to organise your workload effectively.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who's keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in the role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C or grades 9-4, which must include Math's, English Language and a science or technology subject.
What you'll get from us
- Rewarding essentials – there arelots of perks to the job, including a starting salary of £12,500 which will increase each year based on performance;
- Be the best you can be – you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices;
- An environment to be proud of – we're a responsible employer committed to developing our talented young people in state of the art facilities; and
- Be part of the family – you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices.
During your first year, you'll spend 8 months working from Bolton Technical Training Centre during the working week (Monday – Friday). If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided by United Utilities during this period, excluding weekends.
Once you've completed your apprenticeship you'll be asked to join part of a formal standby rota, which may require you to do some out of hours work. Don't worry your training will prepare you for this, but we do advise that you apply for a vacancy that's relatively easy for you to get to, as we would need you to travel to the site easily.
*As long as you meet all necessary criteria throughout the programme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 10/03/19Sign-up or log in to apply