Site Engineering Apprenticeship
Location - Offices located in Reading - Sites & Projects located in and around the Thames Valley Region
Be the best and get the best of both worlds by joining Tilbury Douglas as an apprentice where careers are created, and you will receive a mixture of on-the-job training and classroom learning enabling you to earn whilst you learn!
Come join us at Tilbury Douglas, a high performing construction business steeped in history with a bright future where our people make our success enabling us to innovate and remain resilient
In our inclusive culture and forward thinking, we look forward to sharing with you many new and exciting developments, including our journey to Net Zero Carbon, use of Modern Methods of Construction, digital transformation and commitment to long lasting social value.
You will be given the opportunity to gain qualifications right up to degree level including professional associations and work on exciting projects in an environment that excites you with all the support mechanisms in place.
Visit our website Early Careers section for more information to help you decide if this is the career choice for you: Tilbury Douglas Early Careers
Over a 2/3-year period depending on the entry level. We provide bespoke training for our Site Engineers of the future along with on-the-job mentoring and learning. When not being fully supported on a site/office you will attend a local college or apprenticeship provider.
What you’ll be studying
You will study towards a Level 4 Construction Site Engineering apprenticeship, depending on your level of entry, with qualifications achieved through a combination of college work and gathering work-based experience and evidence.
- Level 4: Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A* - C (4-9) in Maths, English Language & a Science – Essential
What you can bring
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design/construction IT packages
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (with training)
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people
- Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment assisting with the smooth running of a variety of projects
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Practical and logical qualities with a methodical way of thinking
- Creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong communication skills
What we can offer you
- Starting salaries range from £14,750 to £17,200 depending on entry level
- 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
- Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme matched up to 8%
- 2 days volunteering opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits such as:
- Critical illness insurance (with option to purchase for your partner)
- Dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Retail vouchers/payroll giving/activity pass for top leisure attractions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To move onto a Level 6 Degree level apprenticeship
- To become a fully qualified Site Engineer, Site Manager, Project Manager
- Extend your qualifications by undertaking your professional qualifications and becoming chartered with the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Chartered Institute of Builders (CIOB)
This role is based on a construction site as part of the site management team, and takes some responsibility for security, health and safety, along with organising and supervising materials and people. Site engineers mark out the site, make sure designs are applied correctly and liaise with customers and smaller companies who are working with us. This may appeal to someone who has an interest in being actively involved in the construction project from a practical point of view.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Site Engineers in planning and organising daily work involving:
- reading drawings
- keeping records
- following administration procedures
- monitoring quality of work delivered by sub-contractors
- Provide support with the preparation of designs, reports, specifications and other items that must be completed and delivered as required to complete successful Construction projects
- You will develop the skills to use levelling equipment and measuring devices enabling use of computer-based systems – e.g. Computer Aided Design tools and Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Support the site team in ensuring exemplary standards of health and safety, along with ensuring the site is compliant with the company’s standards for the environment and sustainability
How do I apply?
Click Apply Now to register your details and start your application journey!
We look forward to receiving your application!