Apprentice Fabricator/Welder, AF Fabrications Ltd - Huthwaite
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
About the employer
AF Fabrications Ltd specialise in the manufacture of steel and stainless enclosures for the electrical industry. We have two manufacturing facilities on two sites in Nottinghamshire adjacent to Junction 28 of the M1 giving us transport links across the country. Our modern design, administration and manufacturing facilities cover over 20,000 square feet which includes the latest design technology, CNC automated and non-automated manufacturing equipment. A team of dedicated personnel, design and manage all fabrication aspects on every contract. We manage every process in house using the latest ISO 9001 2015 quality system. We employ over 35 employees, all with a vast knowledge and experience within the fabrication industry. With more than £2.5 million turnover per annum we specialise in offering a fast-track manufacturing service on all projects, having the capacity & capability to meet client demands with a proven track record. AF Fabrications Ltd is a subsidiary of AF Switchgear Ltd.
About the role
This will give an insight into the workings of fabrication manufacture and associated processes.
Once all the processes have been completed the successful candidate will spend the rest their time working and learning their fabrication discipline.
Responsible to the Works Supervisor and Lead Operative for the fabrication assembly, including welding and sanding ensuring the products meet the standard manufacturing tolerances. The successful candidate will also be expected to;
- Adhere to the Job Pack information, including signing Job Pack forms.
- Refer to and follow the company personnel instructions where appropriate.
- Assist the works supervisor and lead operative.
- To listen to the mentors to develop your skills.
- Inform the Works Supervisor, Lead Operative and Mentors of any urgently required equipment.
- To inform the Works Supervisor/ Lead operative about any concerns, regarding parts, build, people and equipment.
- To effectively maintain the tidiness, safety and cleanliness of the work areas.
- As required, sign for the receipt of delivered goods and forward the signed paper work to the Works Supervisor.
- Working closely with the Manufacturing Team, Works Supervisor, Lead Operatives, mentors and other Works Operatives and in addition the Applications Engineers, Contracts Engineer and Engineering Director.
- Attend meetings as required/requested.
- Comply with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001 quality system.
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date
The Person Specification -
We are inviting enthusiastic individuals who are committed to learning new skills and knowledge with the appropriate experience, qualifications and personal qualities to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The employer would like applicants to be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills, experience and attributes listed below to be considered.
Skills & Qualities
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 – grade 5
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
Employer: AF Fabrications Ltd
Nunn Brook Road
Sutton in Ashfield
Framework/Standard: Fabrication and Welding Level 2 Fabrication
Duration: 12 Months
Weekly wage: £160.76
Hours per week: 39.5 Hours
Working pattern: Monday – Thursday – 8.00am – 4.30pm. Friday – 8.00am – 4.00pm with a 30 minute break.
Pay frequency: TBC
Assisted Travel: NoApplication closed