Apprentice Facilities Assistant - Derby 2018
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Customer Service
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Derby
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
An enthusiastic and dynamic individual is required to provide ‘front of house’ and facilities management support for our Balfour Beatty De site and offices. In addition to this the Apprentice Facilities Assistant will also spend time working with our UK Facilities Management Lead as part of the UK Property Team providing additional assistance with our UK wide portfolio.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship Facilities Management Supervisor within 18 months.
You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Facilities Assistant Apprentice include:
- Front of House/Mail – Ensuring external visitors are aware of site rules, switchboard answering and the provision of other services/support as required.
- Out mail room duties including the franking and sorting of post and other deliveries as well as assisting staff and visitors with booking meeting rooms.
- Ensure that meeting rooms are maintained to exceptional standards at all times.
- Cover access control of deliveries and vehicles to/from the site and when required and all in accordance with the relevant site security procedure.
- Carrying out general admin support duties as and when required including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Common Services maintenance log and in box is managed as directed by the Facilities Supervisor
- Providing support to the Office Manager/PA, Assistant OM/PA and/or the Facilities Supervisor as required
- Collecting and providing out of hours/weekend working information to site security
- Issuing ID badges and vehicle permits to permanent members of staff and ensuring lists are kept up to date
- Ordering stationery, tea, coffee and other consumables as required for the site
- Proactively report issues (eg with cleaning standards or if maintenance work is required) to the wider team
Assisting the UK FM Lead as required with various projects including sending out communications, assisting with data collection and analysis, assisting with ‘My Compliance’ reporting, and ensuring the Property Assest Locator has up to date plans and photos.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5 GCSE's at grades A-C including Maths and English or Level 4 (or equivalent)
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Work experience or Part time employment, ideally in the Customer Service industry
- Ability to proactively contribute to teamwork and cross functional working
- IT skills
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Sign-up or log in to apply