Apprentice Finance Assistant 2019 - Level 2 - Avonmouth
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Accounting & Tax
- Banking and Finance
- Hinckley remove
Required qualifications: no prior qualifications required
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in the North East.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We are offering a 12 month apprentice role within the Site Support function at the Hinkley Point C project based at Avonmouth, Bristol. A Balfour Beatty Apprenticeship is a programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth.
Our apprenticeship programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you'll be doing:
Provide professional administrative support service to Major Project Site Support team to ensure accurate project cost reporting.
Assisting in Oracle R12 transactional entry for ensuring labour, plant and material costs are posted in an accurate, timely and efficient manner in accordance with Company policy.
- Transactional processing of material costs.
- Accurate input and coding of direct and agency labour hours.
- Supplier invoice query resolutions.
- Assisting Cost Administrator with costing escalation and resolutions.
- Transactional processing and accurate reporting of weekly plant costs.
- Centralised plant section liaison for any plant transactional queries.
- Liaison with centralised accounts section for any supplier issue escalations.
- Effective filing process to obtain Client application Ticket / invoice samples.
- Gain understanding and education in relation to project costing.
What we're looking for:
- Good attention to detail and ensure your work is accurate
- An eagerness to learn and develop in different parts of a business in an office-based role
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with and interested in working with numbers
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be team focussed
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.Sign-up or log in to apply