Apprentice Fitter 2018 - Ashford
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Ashford remove
About the role
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Ashford.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have a new exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice Fitter. Taking responsibility for the health and safety of you, colleagues and other persons who may be affected by your acts and omissions at work, and for the environment. You will also contribute to the delivery of company occupational health and welfare, safety, quality and environmental improvement plans. Only undertake work for which you have been trained and (if required) certificated competent.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will study for and be expected to pass Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture: Engineering Maintenance within 4 years. The first year will be spent at college on a full time basis
What you'll be doing
• Understand that working safely is good for the Balfour Beatty Rail business, good for the industry – and good for you.
• Ensuring a disciplined approach to SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) on site, reinforce the procedures constantly - and if you have a late change to a plan, reassess the risks.
• Be assertive and confident in making sure all SHEQ procedures are followed.
• Identify and to resolve SHEQ issues yourself raising them with other managers if you can’t.
• Be open about unsafe actions from which lessons can be learned.
• Provide clear and simple SHEQ guidance.
• Ensure the correct use of PPE and use it yourself to set the right example.
• Under the guidance of an appointed mentor(s):
• Ensure compliance with the Company’s Policies and Procedures on Health & Safety, COSHH, Drugs and Alcohol policy, Quality and Environmental issues.
• Ensure you understand local emergency procedures.
• Assist in maintaining OTMs to work instruction WI/RP/05
• Become proficient in and carry out as required the fault finding and subsequent repair of all of the following disciplines as defined by the Workshop Supervisor. Mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic electric and electronic systems associated with OTMs.
• Ensure you have a clear understanding of the Health and Safety at Work act Including PPE requirements
• Live the Balfour Beatty Values
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
• 3 GCSEs, Including Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
• Completed an Intermediate(LEVEL 2) apprenticeship in An Engineering OR Construction Discipline
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
• Work experience or Part time employment
• Keen willing individual with an interest in Engineering
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website http://www.balfourbeatty.com/careers/graduates-undergraduates-and-school-leavers/meet-our-people/?section=apprentices and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.
To apply, please click the below link:
Sign-up or log in to apply
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2018, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.