Apprentice Gardener (Horticulture)
Employer: Hughes Horticultural
Day to day tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing the works van with appropriate tools for the day ahead
- Identifying weeds then clearing, edging and tidying borders
- Cutting back and pruning
The apprentice will assist the gardener with tasks set out; travel in the work van to different locations in the local area; and eventually become accustomed to the different gardens, grounds and needs of each individual client.
Weekly wage: £200.00
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8.30-17.00. Hours may vary depending on work.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 6 Sep 2021
- Must have good customer service as you will be meeting with clients on all jobs
- Good appearance befitting the role
- Positive attitude
- A willingness to learn and develop skills in horticulture.
- A team player who can follow instructions but also use initiative with a hard-working ethic
- GCSE grades 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths or equivalent qualifications