Onsite have a proven track record working closely with companies in the facilities management sector, providing these companies with IT services as diverse as bulk Layer 1 infrastructure installations, right through to application problems on an end-user’s desktop.
We have extensive know-how in infrastructure cabling as well as years of experience in designing and installing complex fibre optic backbones in buildings to serve a variety of technologies, as well as wireless networks, and UC technologies.
Whether it is working in a customers’ premise, a construction site or in a state of the art data centre, we have the required know-how to deliver a cost effective, safe and thoroughly professional service to the highest standards.
Your job as a helpdesk support apprentice will be providing the first point of contact for our clients requiring support with their IT provision. You will be trained to deal with a myriad of issues from setting up new users or hardware to diagnosing and solving complex IT issues.
There are many dimensions to this role, but it is fundamental that the role holder is customer focussed, IT savvy, proactive and a natural problem solver.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and organised approach to dealing with the tickets raised, either to assign, review and escalate to second line within agreed timescales
- Full and comprehensive completion of the ticketing system, ensuring all pertinent information is logged at all stages, and tickets are closed in a timely fashion
- Excellent communication with all stakeholders
- Working independently to resolve issues and development of own personal skills to solve more complex issues as they arrive
Accountabilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Incident and ticket management/resolution
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Managing Active Directory, Exchange, Azure and Office 365
- Troubleshooting of basic network issues
- Configuring and managing routers/firewalls
- Domain name management
- Microsoft Azure Server configuration and management
- Retrospect Backup software and tape library management
- Cloud backup configuration and management
- DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT setups and troubleshooting
- Hosted VOIP
- Installing and configuring Sage and ACT
- Apple OSX
- Some experience in a related role/field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems.
- Experience in remote access/management tools such as AnyDesk, TeamViewer, Autotask/Datto.
- Troubleshooting of basic network issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, and wider team.
- A quick learner/researcher.
Experience of any of the Key Accountabilities detailed above is desirable and the expectation is that each member of the Helpdesk will strive to ensure their knowledge of all the above is up to date and being built upon continually.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.