An opportunity to gain HR experience within the HR function. The role-holder will support the HR administrative activities, ensuring a high-quality service is provided to all employees. By providing support to the HR and Payroll Assistant, the role holder will learn all key aspects of the HR Operations function leading to a structured career path.
The HR Team has expanded in support of the growth of the business over the past 18 months. The team is now going through an exciting team of defining processes, procedures and embarking on continuous improvement projects required to provide a professional and consistent service across XPS Pensions Group. All team members are expected to promote, lead, and represent the company brand, values, and culture.
An initial 18 month apprenticeship will be offered with an opportunity to gain HR experience within the HR function. The role-holder will support the HR administrative activities, ensuring a high-quality service is provided to all employees. By providing support to the HR and Payroll Assistant, the role holder will learn all key aspects of the HR Operations function leading to a structured career path. There will be a requirement to complete the level 3 Human Resource Support Apprenticeship with the support of our apprenticeship partners.
The duties and responsibilities below provide a summary of activities that will be carried out; however, this list is not exhaustive.
- Provide support to the HR and Payroll Assistant to ensure all HR/payroll related data, including new starters, transfers, leavers, is accurately input in line with the payroll timetable.
- Collate, check and action all contractual changes to ensure that the HR System data is accurate, relevant letters produced, and uploaded to employee files.
- Contribute to the provision of regular HR and payroll management information (MI) reports and ad hoc reports as required to inform business decisions.
- Respond to requests for employment, tenancy, and financial references, within agreed timelines.
- Responsible for the provision of an effective leavers process ensuring appropriate communications are sent and relevant databases are updated with the leaver details. Ensure all leavers receive the Leavers survey and update the wider HR team with data received.
- Maintaining and updating Actus (performance management system)
- Maintain and administer the Flu and Eye care voucher schemes
- Support the HR team with responses to all HR queries received within the team (email and phone calls), as appropriate.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties as required by the Human Resources Operations Manager to support the wider HR Team.
- General admin such as collecting and logging post, filing, archiving, scanning, photocopying
This role offers the opportunity for the start of a HR career within a multidiscipline HR team. Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Good standard of education including a Grade 4 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- IT literacy and confidence working with different systems for various processes
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Highly organised and planning skills
- Possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Possess an enthusiasm to develop, improve and enhance the service provided
- Able to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Able to maintain confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Have a flexible, adaptable approach and willingness to learn new skills
Benefits: 5% matching employer/employee pension contribution; company sick pay; family friendly policies; company bonus scheme; £700 per annum to use towards flexible benefits, such as health cash plan, private medical insurance, gym membership, etc; season ticket loan
GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent English and Maths