Turn IT On (TIO) provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to more than 700 schools, by consultants and staff who understand teaching. Over half of our consultants have worked in education, and we now employ in excess of 100 people across London and the South East. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
As an inclusive employer, we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have, and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff. Turn IT On is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected.
As an Apprentice TIO Consultant, it is your job to help ensure that schools improve the standard of their ICT provision and that they are enabled to deliver effective teaching and learning through ICT solutions. You must be dedicated to delivering the TIO support service in a manner that embraces our company values. It is your job to facilitate communication between your school and TIO, keep up to date with what services TIO can offer.
Main role / responsibilities:
- Be the first port of call for all your school’s ICT needs
- Provide great communication with your schools – so they know exactly when you are coming and when your next visit is – including notice of any changes to schedule
- Ensure that your schools are aware of and are using the customer portal.
- Ensure that your schools are aware of all of our services including installations service, training, teaching support, MIS Support & GDPR.
- Work with the school development team to ensure that the school are getting the best level of service.
- Requesting, follow up and closing quotes with adequate description and detail.
- Keeping areas of work and responsibility clean, tidy and organised.
- Ensure behaviour, including appearance and punctuality, meets standards outlined in consultant guidelines.
- Be prepared to work with young children.
- Be prepared to assist with occasional lifting of equipment during installations.
- Assist with resolving technical problems as quickly as possible
- Assist with checking network backup is working and complete a test recovery
- Assist with on-going technical support tickets are logged and closed and TIO active alerts are dealt with in a reasonable timeframe.
- Assist with feedback to the school progress at the end of each visit
- Assist with ensuring that all server recovery material that are required to recover server are readily available at the school and kept in a safe and secure place
- Assist with ensuring school details are entered on the correct system and server details are kept up to date
- Assist if technically possible, ensuring the remote log in software is installed on server and that TIO account is on the server.
- Control of documented information e.g. review, amend and approve company documents relating to the role.
- Ensure all written (emails) and verbal communication is of the highest level to both internal and external customers.
- Customer relations/satisfaction e.g. customer feedback
- Ensure any non-conformances are reported (for any mistakes or complaints etc.)
- To attend apprentices training workshops and complete coursework in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant apprenticeship guidelines.
- Ensure excellent communication with schools, manager and other team members.
- Work effectively with Team Manager to update progress, ensure best use of weekly hours and resolve or escalate any ongoing issues.
- Complete timesheet accurately and on time via the RTS system or RTS App.
- Follow company procedures for placing orders, requesting installations and help ensure that the company are aware of any new opportunities.
- To work safely and in accordance with the company’s health & safety policy and procedures and to be aware of your health & safety responsibilities within your team
- To complete ad hoc tasks as and when required to meet the needs of the business
Desirable skills and qualities:
- Basic Experience & knowledge of ICT and technical issues
- Willing and quick to learn new programs or website interfaces
- Flexible and approachable
- Committed to make a positive impact to your end users including teachers and pupils
- Adaptable and able to cope with change including travel to a variety of schools
- Able to work independently and good at planning and organising your own time
- Excellent team player
- Excellent customer services skills
5 GCSE's ,including Maths and English at grade C or above.
- Candidate must hold a driving license as travelling to schools will be required.
- Business mileage paid at 25p
45 Hours, 08:00 - 17:00 - (this includes lunch break and some travel time to/from schools - time actually spent in the schools is usually from 9.00am – 4.30pm)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.