This further education provider is known has strong legacy of staff, infrastructure and reputation, and continues to build on this, ensuring that the communities of Edinburgh, the Lothians and beyond have access to top quality higher and vocational education in a style and setting that meets their needs. Their IT department are looking for an ICT Apprentice to join the existing team.
An award winning, Ofsted outstanding apprenticeship from QA - 94% go onto full-time jobs.
Working with other members of the Support staff central and its users ensuring that business and operational requirements are met at all times.
- To assist in the procurement, installation and administration of hardware and software
- To contribute to the development of the ICT policies, procedures and specifications as required
- To provide first line technical support
- To assist in the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures
- To respond to user requests for guidance in areas relating to IT / AV, providing up-to-date information relating to the IT / AV policy, equipment and training
- To provide first line support for central computer applications and operating systems
- To configure, test and deploy desktop and laptop computers, printers and other peripherals
- To test and contribute towards the evaluation software application packages before deployment or upgrade
- To respond to the IT Helpdesk, including recording and monitoring the progress of all incidents and requests
- To provide first line voice and data network support and administration, including maintenance of user accounts / mailboxes
- To deliver, demonstrate and operate equipment, as required
- To maintain the consumables stock levels
- To support the managed printing service, to the best level possible and maintain the consumables stock level
- To assist with creating staff and student ID badges
Skills required for this apprenticeship:
- Concern for standards
- Be positive, adaptable, friendly, diplomatic and productive in activities
- Be enthusiastic and focused on providing a good customer service and be a good team player
- Have a `can do'attitude
- Excellent communication
- Good organisational and customer care skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Scotland - You must have at least 5 standard grades at level 1-3, or equivalent, including Maths and English
Training to be provided:
Scotland - Systems &Networking Apprenticeship Level 3 - | ( MCSA)in Windows 7 Configuration | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 | Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6
35 hours ( Monday - Friday, 9 - 5: 00)
About QA apprenticeships:
QA Apprenticeships is an Ofsted Outstanding provider of IT apprenticeships. 94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Multi-award winning - Apprenticeship Programme of the Year 2012, 2013 &2014, Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2013 Special Commendation - and the first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.
94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship.Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.