Consilium Academies Trust is a Multi Academy Trust of 8 schools based across 3 hubs in Salford, South Yorkshire and the North East of England.
Consilium Academies believes in inclusivity, both in the schools and communities we serve. We are committed to working with our academies to ensure that our ethos is realised on a daily basis.
The lives of our young people should be enriched by care, experience and opportunity. This is achieved by;
- Helping children and young people to succeed to their potential academically, socially and emotionally;
- Instilling a passion for lifelong love of learning and continued improvement so that our academies, staff and students can grasp their aspirations and ambitions;
- Creating a family of academies that are inclusive and embrace diversity, where all members of the community feel supported, inspired and empowered to succeed;
- Ensuring that all stakeholders are seen as partners in our work within the communities we serve.
The Trust operates a small central team led by our CEO, David Clayton. The team provide direct services to our schools as well as Trust level accountability, leadership and management. We operate a strong partnership model and our partner schools are instrumental in the continual growth and development of the trust.
We are aligning systems and processes throughout our school partnership and the input from our schools alongside the central team is therefore vital. The Trust works with its schools and academies in a supportive way that does not detract from the individual identity of a school.
At Consilium Academies, our Apprentice ICT Technician is an important part of the Technical Team. Our Academies are increasingly dependent on their ICT systems working properly and effectively. A proactive and planned approach is essential to ensure the ICT infrastructure enables our Academies to work to optimum effect. It is essential that Consilium Academies is at the forefront of the efficient and effective systems which contribute to the academy vision of raising achievement through ICT.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Install, setup and maintain Computer hardware, clients, Laptops, Chromebooks, AV equipment and peripherals.
- First line Technical Support, troubleshooting and re-imaging devices.
- Maintain an up to date Inventory of ICT equipment using internal Asset Management system, and ensure equipment is tagged and recorded.
- Assist with the expansion of the network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Routine administration including, data backup, active directory, group policy and Google Gsuite and Office 365.
- Software deployment, installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the development policy.
- To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels, in particular Office 365.
- Participate in Online training to completion when required.
- To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment
- Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items including printer consumables.
- Oversight of bookings of ICT equipment, IE. IRIS and Chromebooks.
- In-class support where appropriate.
- Understanding of working with computers and hardware.
- Experience of customer service would be beneficial.
- Hardworking and eager to learn
- Organised and proactive
- 3 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades plus Maths and English grade D/3 or equivalent.
Things to consider:
The role may require travel to other local academies within the trust.
- Pension with the Local Government Pension Scheme and Teachers Pension Scheme
- 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays for all support staff (pro-rated for part time employees)
- 36 hour working week for all full time support staff
- Automatic pay progression for all staff in line with their current grading structure
- Enhanced contractual sick pay in line with the Burgundy Book and Green Book
- Employee Assistance Program with access to counselling and CBT 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Access to an Occupational Health Provider
- Free membership to Perkbox with hundreds of exclusive perks and discounts available online and in store at many shops, gyms and restaurants
- Providing excellent CPD working alongside external experts such as “Ambition”
- Providing free parking on site for all staff
- We have many new build state of the art campuses
- We are a family of academies that are inclusive and embrace diversity
- Fleet Solutions Car Lease Scheme
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.