Apprentice Infrastructure Technician - IT - Ricardo UK Ltd - Leamington Spa
Employer: Ricardo UK Ltd
We are currently looking for an exceptional person to join our team and become highly skilled in all aspects of IT Operations associated areas. The role is varied and interesting due to the technical nature of Ricardo’s engineering projects. Good communication and interpersonal skills are needed along with technical competency.
The successful candidate will belong to the UK IT Operations team and be based at the Midlands Technical Centre.
The role is to provide local IT support. Responsibilities include:
- Support the lifecycle of IT hardware:
- Desktops, laptops and workstations
- Monitors, docking stations and other peripherals
- Desk phones, conference phones, mobile phones, iPhones and MiFi devices
- Printers, faxes, MFDs, projectors and TVs
- Record relevant information and activity in the Service Desk System and the Asset Management system
- Provide software support in cases where the Global IT Service Desk team are unable to resolve a call remotely
- Carry out IT projects
- Respond to information security events/incidents
- Test new hardware and software, liaising with IT System Administrators
- Liaise with 3rd parties for repair and support, including PCs, printers and mobile phones
The role is varied and interesting due to the technical nature of Ricardo’s engineering projects. Good communication and interpersonal skills are needed along with technical competency.
Weekly wage: £10,000.00 - £13,000.00
Working week: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (with 30-minute lunch break). Total hours per week: 37.50.
Expected duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 10 Sep 2019
- Any experience of customer service
- Computer Literate
- Well organised, with good practical skills
- An excellent communicator with good attention to detail
- Able to solve problems with a methodical approach to fault finding
- Highly motivated, and enthusiastic
- A good team player, with the ability to carry out tasks on their own
- Able to work to a high standard
- 5 x GCSE grades 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths or equivalent qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of experience and acheivement (GSCE or equivalent) in IT Technology or similar would be desirable