IT Support apprentice required to work within a well know marine industry group of supporting all IT infrastructure needs across all business areas.Apprentice will be working directly with IT manager supporting the day to day duties within the department to help the company through its rapid growth period.
- Support and Maintenance
- Maintenance of desktops, laptops and workstations.
- Upgrade and maintenance of server infrastructure this is often carried outside of normal office hours
- Expectation of on call responsibilities 2 weeks per month once confident
- Management of thin clients
- Support of the terminal services environment
- Network Infrastructure
- Basic diagnostics of networking problems
- Patching and running cables
- Creation and deletion of user accounts
- Resetting of user passwords
- Assist user with operation of systems
- Setting up and deploying mobile devices
- Day-to-day maintenance of internal phone systems
- Assist IT Manager with installation of equipment /software
- Provide feedback on proposed projects to the IT Manager
- Good knowledge of IT operating systems, especially Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft office suite of applications;
- Good organizational skills
- Good time managementAn ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Confident communications skills Travel to offices throughout the UK
Additional Information: Monday - Friday 9-5 Flexible work pattern may be required for odd late night £13000-£15000
Important Information“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.