This is a large Recruitment company based on the outskirts of Leeds City Centre.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, motivated, enthusiastic and tech savvy individual to undertake an IT Apprenticeship.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a growing IT department and forge a long lasting career in the IT sector whilst gaining industry recognised qualifications.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to not only gain industry recognised IT qualifications, but to gain first hand working experience in a busy and growing IT department with plenty of hands on responsibilities. The hands on experience provided in this role, coupled with the first class training that you will receive with QA, will provide you with the opportunity to kick start your career within an every growing IT sector.
The main responsibility of the Apprentice IT Helpdesk Analyst will be to provide personal support through the helpdesk system. This will include working through tickets that have been raised by other employees through a portal and an app. The chosen candidate will be required to close as many tickets as possible whilst ensuring that they have been fully solved.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing first class customer service
- Assisting in the installation of hardware and the updating of software
- Providing assistance with remote connection issues such as remote lines, printers etc...
- Assisting in password resets
- Shadowing the IT Manager or Support Analyst during quiet times.
- Creating new starter accounts on all internal systems.
- Dealing with third party devices such as mobile phones, tablets, remote laptops etc...
- Escalate unsolvable tickets through to 2nd and 3rd line support.
- Liaising with third party suppliers.
- Other ad-hoc IT related issues.
Desired skills and qualities:
The chosen candidate will be able to demonstrate competency and initiative whilst also possessing the following:
- Driven and ambitious nature with a willingness to learn
- Genuine passion for all things IT
- Ability to work in a fast-paced demanding environment
- Extroverted nature with the confidence and ability to hold a business conversation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to provide first class customer service
- Process driven approach to working
- Driving licence is desirable but not essential!
- 5 GCSE's grades A-C
- English and Maths GCSE grades A-C
8am - 5pm, 5 days a week,
40hrs per week.
This role may well offer long term opportunities for the right individual.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.