Manchester Communication Academy is a secondary school in Harpurhey, Manchester which opened in September 2010 and specialises in communication-related subjects including speaking and listening, languages, drama, media and presentation skills, and information communication technology.
We believe passionately in the power of an excellent education to transform lives and provide new opportunities for young people. We provide an exciting and challenging experience for our students in a supportive and caring environment.
The proof of our success is demonstrated by the quality of the daily experience we provide for young people. We have the highest expectations in term of teaching, learning and the standards our students achieve. We work on the principles that every child can be successful.
You will complete several day-to-day tasks as you also complete an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Job role / Duties:
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Resolve assigned IT Helpdesk calls
- Assist with all channels of communication into the helpdesk )phone, email, web portal)
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained on all support tickets and the customer is informed on progress at regular intervals
- Provide cover for the helpdesk between the hours of 7.30am to 5pm
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Build a good rapport with all helpdesk customers
- Perform hands-on fixes at desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Escalate problems when required
- To undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate by the line manager and commensurate with the post.
- Have due regard to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Promote and implement equality and diversity
- Adhere to legislation and the Academy’s policies and procedures
- Participate in performance reviews and professional/personal development activities.
- Will model the Academy’s values at all times to generate a shared purpose
- Respect confidentiality. Confidential information to be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
- An ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to provide concise documentation
- A positive “can do” attitude and flexibility in taking on a broad range of IT responsibilities and tasks at short notice
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey ideas and offer IT solutions to staff members of all levels
- Ability to work proactively under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Experience working with Windows 7/Windows 10 and Office.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.