APCOA was established in 1971 as a parking management company and now is the UK’s leading provider of tailored parking solutions, with an established presence in Europe.
We are a full service Parking Management Company, managing 1.3 million parking spaces, across 12 countries and approximately 4,300 employees.
No matter what type of parking solution you are looking for, we can offer innovative, reliable and secure parking services, supported by highly trained personnel and unique technology. Parking management is a specialist challenge and APCOA understands the unique demands associated with it. We provide our customers with suitable customised solutions. Our parking management services are supported by dedicated personnel – all of whom are passionate about parking.
Underpinning our service delivery ability is our market leading in house support teams recognised throughout the industry: Award winning Learning & Development team and extended operational family, Human Resources that co-ordinate our Investment in People strategy in which we currently hold Gold status putting APCOA Parking Services within the top 1% of UK companies and our IT and Technology teams whom continually deliver on our leading edge thinking with recent examples being the development of our ecommerce offering, and pay by phone technologies.
Our vision is ... to be the first choice in parking.
Currently looking for an Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst who will be responsible for providing timely, customer focussed, efficient first and second line IT support for APCOA clients (internal / external).
There will be a requirement to assist remotely for APCOA Contracts around the UK.
- Providing a timely, customer focussed, efficient IT support for APCOA operations
- First line support for all IT enquiries including bespoke SQL applications and Head Office IT systems
- Investigate and resolve issues escalated from first line support
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- There may be the occasional need to provide direct field support (in person) for installations and IT Support
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff and external client via telephone and email
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
- Log all calls in the Service Desk
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Knowledge and understanding of PC, laptop and server hardware set up and configuration
- Work extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence
- Perform basic administrative support duties as required to meet specific operational objectives
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Experience with the MS Office suite
- General IT skills with a good understanding of IT
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- A keen interest in Technology
- A can-do attitude to learn and support
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.