The company specialise in a number of retirement products including: estate planning, equity release and will writing services. Established in 1998 with only 6 people, now more than 20 years later, they employer more than 500 people and have offices up and down the country with the head office in Preston, Lancashire where the successful apprentice will be working from.
The company have won numerous awards for their charity efforts and you can have a day off each year to support a charity of your choice. They have a friendly, relaxed office including dress down Friday and lots of team building events and an annual awards ceremony to praise and recognise staff that embed the company values.
If you have a genuine interest in working within technology and want to start a career in IT, then the companies IT service desk team is a great place to start your career as an Apprentice IT Service Desk Analyst.
Main responsibilities: [As part of your role, you will:]
- Provide 1st / 2nd line support for all the companies systems and applications
- Manage access to applications and systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software faults
- Configure devices
- Provide excellent customer service through phone calls, emails and face-to-face interaction
- Ensure all new work is logged as a ticket
- Ensure the colleagues we support are given frequent updates on ticket progress
- Ensure tickets are updated with relevant technical information
- Ensure tickets are resolved in a timely manner
- Escalate issues to 3rd line and to the Service Desk Manager when required
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues
- Ensure potential security concerns and risks are reported to IT Security
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Desire to work in a busy 1st line IT Support team providing telephone and face to face support
- Basic knowledge/ understanding of office procedures.
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Passion for technology and problem solving
- Be professional, courteous and helpful
- Collaborate, share ideas
- A can-do attitude and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to follow instructions accurately to complete work tasks.
- Able to record information and data accurately.
- Able to solve basic problems.
- Ability and desire to learn/develop new skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work alone without close supervision.
- Understand the requirement for excellent time keeping and time management in a support environment.
- 5 good grades at GCSE [C or above, including Maths and English] with ideally an ICT qualification
37.5hrs a week - Monday to Friday, between 8am and 6pm.
Long term career opportunities for a successful apprentice.
Many former apprentices have gone on to progress within the company and your line manager himself has recently completed an apprenticeship so he will really understand your journey and be able to offer excellent mentor support.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.