This is a family run company supplying and delivering IT equipment to students via the DSA. They also offer training in assistive technology, standard and specialist software and hardware for disabled computer users in education.
The company also run a website for use by assessors and disability support staff at Access Centres, Universities & Colleges in order to determine & cost equipment required by students who receive support under the Disabled Student Allowance.
The growing company have heavily invested in IT Apprentices over the last 5 years.
They offer a competitive apprentice salary and benefits package. Furthermore you will be supported through your apprenticeship by both experienced staff and former apprentices who will be able to guide, encourage and motivate you to succeed in all aspects of your apprenticeship.
They offer excellent training and have offered all their apprentices a position with the company after the apprenticeship has finished. Also many of their former apprentices have moved on from the company, some to higher education and others to more responsible jobs which they were able to do because both the company and apprenticeship pro-actively provided them with an excellent grounding.
The apprentice will be required to deliver, install and configure computers in the North of England.
As an Apprentice IT Set-Up & Installation Technician, you will be working closely with the IT Department and the admin team. You will be given timed appointments for each student and the route planned beforehand.
- Preparing new computers for delivery. (This will mainly consist of loading software and hardware onto computers and associated paperwork. (Training in specialist software will be given.)
- Deliver and set-up computer systems
- Provide initial basic training on the equipment and technology provided
- Deliver and install ergonomic seating and accessories
- After training provide on–site technical support for students with disabilities
A full UK Driving Licence would be beneficial (You do not have to have you own vehicle as a company van will be provided to be used within working hours)
- Passion for IT and Technology
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure within strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people at all levels
- Willingness to work flexibly beyond normal working hours and undertake overtime when required to support the business
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Please Ensure You Are Comfortable With The Below Before Applying:
- You will be required to travel throughout your apprenticeship and overtime may be required at times to meet the business requirements (The cost off transport and overtime will be covered in full by the business).
- You will be subject to a CRB check due to the nature of the business it is necessary that all employees undertake this check. (The cost will be covered by the business)
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, as the company expands, there will be opportunities for a hard working apprentice to develop a career with the company and gain more responsibilities, a new job title and pay increases.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.