Are you a self-motivated individual who is passionate about IT? Looking to earn while you learn and gain experience with a business that values and invests in their people? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
This is an amazing opportunity to undertake a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship and gain a City and Guilds 9628 qualification. You’ll spend time at East Surrey College and in our IT Department, training alongside experienced staff and learning the role that technology plays in the success of our forward-thinking business.
We offer the perfect place in which to kick-start your IT career. You’ll become part of our friendly support team and will be encouraged to try new things and challenge yourself within a great office environment.
We like to invest in our people and promote from within. Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll have the chance to undertake further training and progress into a Junior Analyst position. If you are ambitious and hard-working, there is the scope to advance even further into an Analyst or even Senior Analyst role.
- Salary of £16,000 per annum
- Option to opt into our pension plan (with up to 10% employer contribution)
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 8:30 – 17:00, Monday – Thursday (you’ll spend your Fridays at East Surrey College)
As our Apprentice IT Support Analyst, you’ll join us on a 15 month apprenticeship and learn how to deliver core IT services to our business.
Reporting to our IT Support Manager, you will:
- Communicate with customers in a professional and polite manner
- Provide 1st line IT support
- Offer IT desktop support to staff, including hardware and software
Other organisations may call this role Trainee IT Support Analyst, IT Support Apprentice, Apprentice Infrastructure Technician, Trainee IT Support Technician, Apprentice IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Apprentice, or Helpdesk Support Trainee.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a positive and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about starting a career in IT. To join us, you will need:
- A team player mentality
- Good listening and communication skills
- To be self-motivated and eager to learn
- An interest in all things IT
- A good telephone manner
- At least five GCSEs at grade 9 – 4 (A* - C) including Maths and English (due to the recent situation with GCSE results, we’re happy to discuss this further if you don’t hold these qualifications)
A driving licence would be beneficial to your application.
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are looking to take the first steps in your career as an Apprentice IT Support Analyst, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.