Apprentice IT Support Engineer
The company are a commercial, not for profit, company that specialises in the procurement of goods and services related to the repairs and maintenance of social housing for a wide range of clients. The innovative North West social housing regeneration and procurement group works in partnership with housing providers across the region to make a genuine and sustainable impact in their communities. Established in 2007 to support housing providers in the successful delivery of the Decent Homes programme, the company has expanded in size and scope, and growing to have eight thriving frameworks that help deliver over £100m worth of works per annum.
They are looking to continue their growth and development, and are seeking a passionate IT Apprentice to be part of the company’s future successes which drive local economies forward. The company will empower you to be innovative and creative. You’ll be encouraged to realise your own ideas that will help improve the organisation’s existing offer and be fully supported in the implementation as part of a ‘Why don’t we?’ ethos
You will be working out of their high spec office which is based next door to the Lancashire County Cricket Ground in Old Trafford. Car parking on site & good transport links to the office.
Primary duties: [apprentice you will be responsible for:]
- Setting up and amending user accounts in Active Directory and Office 365
- Assisting with administration of Office 365
- Configuration and maintenance of standard software packages such as Microsoft Office
- Setting up new starters within the business with IT equipment, facilitating systems access and management of user accounts
- Resolving IT issues to allow continual service
- Working proactively with all parts of the business to maintain excellent levels of service
- Keep up to date with latest developments in IT which may be relevant to the company
- Work with the senior members of the Systems team to ensure appropriate use of the company’s systems is taking place
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring objectives are delivered on time and to the required quality
- Dealing with issues and ensuring resolution on a timely basis
- Providing advice and support to colleagues and customers
- Working collaboratively across the business to facilitate communication and ensure consistency
- Building solid relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Actively participating in team meetings and the internal Social Value programme
- Any other related duties as required by your line manager
- Good IT skills and a keen interest and enthusiasm to build a career in IT
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great communicator
A minimum of 5 GCSE's grades A-C / 4 or equivalent
Your hard work will be rewarded from the moment you join the company and you will be eligible for a discretionary corporate bonus.
A commitment to your ongoing training & career development will be offered on successful completion of your apprenticeship when you can gain a full-time permanent position with an enhanced perk package including salary review, opportunity for flexible working, time off for volunteering & increased holiday allocation.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.