This is an exciting IT professional Business, providing a wealth of experience in consulting, planning, systems integration and infrastructure management, which enables us to deliver innovative, results-driven solutions to corporate clients around the world.
We are a growing organisation and can provide the opportunity for an apprentice to gain exposure to a wide range of users and issues which will expand the candidate’s knowledge, as well as provide full support to develop their career path during the Apprenticeship.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Receiving, prioritising, documenting and actively resolving requests from clients in a timely manner
- Talking to clients on the telephone
- Working in a busy environment
- Occasional troubleshooting of clients IT infrastructure including servers, switches, storage, security, software applications, external hosting, remote offices and backups
- An interest in aspects of IT
- Knowledge of Windows 7 / 8 /10 OS
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS
- Some exposure to MS Office 2003 – Office365
- Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, Exchange mailbox administration, DNS, group policies, domain controllers
- Basic understanding of Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VPN devices and wireless and other networking technologies
- Basic understanding of backup and restoration methods
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Can-do attitude
5 grade A*-C GCSE’s, including Maths and English.
Potential long term job opportunity.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.