Role Title: Apprentice IT Technician – Level 3 – Leatherhead
Required qualifications: 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade A to C or equivalent
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Leatherhead but there may be requirements to visit additional Balfour Beatty office locations as part of the training programme.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
This role is part of a joint venture with Balfour Beatty – Connect Plus Services (CPS).
About the role:
Reporting in to the IT Service Desk Team Leader, you shall become an integral part of the team. You shall be the first point of contact for all enquiries both over the phone and via the internal helpdesk system.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
You will follow a training programme as part of our Industry recognised Apprenticeship programme, the typical duration for this apprenticeship is 12 months.
You will also be trained on:
- The methods to fulfil the above duties
- How to liaise directly with a diverse range of end users from multiple departments
- How to meet company service standards and turnaround times
- Effective communication skills (specifically over the phone and by e-mail)
- Managing varying workloads and prioritisation of tasks and work orders
Your responsibilities as an IT Apprentice:
Reporting to the IT support team lead and working with the first-line support team your duties will include:
- Being first point of contact for all enquiries, both via phone and the internal helpdesk system
- Logging all telephone support calls within the helpdesk system, ensuring that all relevant information is captured and correctly prioritised
- Monitoring the helpdesk system for incoming requests, and action for support or additional information
- Ensuring that all issues are progressed to meet agreed SLA targets
- Ensuring that all issues are kept up to date and the customer is informed of the progress
- Ensuring that all issues are updated with the full resolution details prior to closure
Who we’re looking for:
As well as well-developed team and People Skills (over the phone and by email), you will have the passion and enthusiasm for ICT Service provision.
- Customer focused
- Natural problem solver
- IT savvy
- You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly with minimum direction.
Minimum of five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths and English
An IT qualification or previous work experience is desirable.
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.