Why join us?
Across the country, you'll ﬁnd iconic landmarks built by Sir Robert McAlpine. Cornwall's Eden Project, the National Stadium in Wales, Birmingham's Bull Ring, London's Emirates Stadium.
By joining us now, you can play your part in delivering the next generation of outstanding projects that will continue our 150-year legacy. Our family-owned business is where to achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain's future heritage with us.
The Apprentice Joiner role
You will carry out skilled work primarily using timber products at our plant yard in Kettering. You'll become familiar with different aspects of carpentry such as layout, framing and finishing, assisting with building and fitting out temporary offices and workplaces.
We offer apprenticeships across the UK in a range of levels and disciplines, from site-based roles to support functions. Our apprenticeships offer structured development, providing the perfect launch pad for your career. During your apprenticeship with us, you will get:
- On-going support from experienced professionals within the business
- Training in line with your qualification to help personal development
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits
- Regular reviews from your training provider and business mentor
- Opportunity to progress onto further development upon successful completion of first apprenticeship
- Options to attend career events and promote the business
A suitable level of apprenticeship will be discussed with you at interview stage and will depend on your prior academic achievement and experience. Typically, we look for the below:
- For Level 2 (intermediate) apprenticeships: Maths and English at C / Grade 4 (desirable) — but we will help you achieve this if required
- For Level 3 (advanced) apprenticeships: have the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*–C or 9–4, including Maths, Science and English
- For Level 4/5 & 6 (higher & degree) apprenticeship: have A levels typically at B,B,B or a relevant BTEC qualification Merit or above
- Have a passion for problem solving
- Be interested in construction, engineering and the latest technology
- Work experience (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Driving Licence (desirable)
We're ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.