Apprentice Level 2 Highways Maintenance Operative - Buckinghamshire
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Employment & Training
- Level 2
- Professional Qualifications
- Buckinghamshire remove
Do you enjoy working outdoors, being part of a hard-working team and would like a meaningful job where your contribution adds value to people’s surroundings. An apprenticeship with Ringway Jacobs is an excellent way to embark on this exciting career path. As a Highways Maintenance Operative apprentice, you will work within a versatile team putting into place designs and repairs on the highways. This includes tasks such as:
- Learning how to understand and follow work procedures to ensure your own safety and safety of others
- Learning about carrying out highways works including repairs and maintenance efficiently
- Learning how to provide traffic management measures for a variety of highway maintenance activities
- Assisting with and learning how to record work activities using hand-held devices
- Assisting with and learning basic vehicle maintenance checks
- Assisting with the response to emergencies, floods, fallen trees, weather events and road traffic accidents
You will also attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within 2 years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be “on the job”, utilising the wealth of experience within the team you’ll be working within.
Good basic practical skills.
Basic numeracy and literacy.
Work as part of a team.
Responsible and mature attitude.
Basic understanding of health and safety requirements.
Apprentices without Level 1 in English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Typically 18 months
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive starting salary from £12,000 and rewards scheme.
All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the Apprentice Recruitment team.
Sign-up or log in to apply