Westwood Associates is an established IT supplier of computer hardware, software, and services (trading for over 30 years) to the business sector as well as education establishments. We provide consultancy to customers wanting to improve their IT infrastructure and take pride in building relationships with our customers.
This is an ideal opportunity for those wanting to gain experience and pursue a career in marketing.
Working closely alongside the Operations manager, you will undergo ongoing training, opportunities to expand your skillset and support customer focused marketing activities that drive the demand for a product or service. Working within the umbrella of operations, this is a great opportunity to see the inner workings of how a business is run effectively and efficiently.
- Researching and develop marketing strategies with the Operations manager to build marketing material for our existing clients and the wider market.
- Updating our website with relevant content and maintaining our social media content. Work towards completing and gaining qualifications on the apprenticeship programme.
- Support managers to create, and upload content to the website.
- Update social media and forward queries to the relevant parties.
- Assist in the creation of general marketing material.
- Schedule and upload content
- Support campaigns
- Provide general administrative support to the office team.
- Assess and enhance our service offering, procedures and practices and affect a positive improvement in everything we do.
Desirable skills and Personal qualities:
- Capable of dealing confidently with people at all levels.
- Aptitude for learning and taking on board new information rapidly.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to plan and manage own workload.
- Well-developed communication skills and organisational skills,
- A strong competence in ICT, with familiarity in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and knowledge of Photoshop / InDesign
- Ambition, with a desire to complete outcome orientated tasks successfully.
- Ideas driven, can work independently, efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to research topics relevant to specific audiences.
As well as:
- Able to work unsupervised (in due course)
- The ideal candidates will be methodical and organised.
- They must be a team player with a friendly disposition.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Someone who can think on their feet would be a real asset to the business.
- Commitment to undertake and successfully complete the apprenticeship programme.
- Can demonstrate the ability to be professional in matters of confidentiality, honesty,
conduct, performance, and attendance.
- Ability to treat colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity.
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A C in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.